- Breasts were designed specifically for breastfeeding.
- Breast milk is free. All your baby needs in order to eat is you.
- Breast milk has never been recalled.
- Fresh breast milk is never contaminated with bacteria.
- You don’t have to worry about overheating your breast milk, because breast milk straight from the breast is always the perfect temperature.
Tuesday, October 15, 2013
The Multifaceted Benefits of Breast Milk and Breast Feeding – General Facts
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, breast milk is widely acknowledged as the most complete form of nutrition for infants, with a range of benefits for their overall health, growth, immunity and development. It’s the ultimate super food!
Of course, most of us know that breast milk is best, but are you aware of its multifaceted benefits for babies, mothers and even Mother Nature? In fact, the impact of breast milk and breastfeeding begins at infancy and extends through weaning and well into the future.
For the next few weeks on our blog, we’ll be sharing the various ways breast milk and breastfeeding benefits babies, moms and the environment. Today, we’ll start by sharing a few basic facts:
Posted by Lactation Services and Support At MoBap at 3:42 PM