- Immediately after birth, breastfeeding helps contract the uterus.
- Breastfeeding helps shed the extra pounds of the pregnancy.
- Breastfeeding releases the hormone, oxytocin, which is associated with a general feeling of love, well-being and contentment. It also acts as a natural relaxant.
- Breastfeeding can be incredibly empowering for a mom as she watches her baby thriving, fueled on nothing but her milk.
- Breastfeeding moms continue to reap of the benefits years after weaning. For example, women who breastfed for many months have significantly lower rates of breast, ovarian and uterine cancers.
- Breastfeeding moms experience fewer urinary tract infections and are less likely to suffer from osteoporosis as they age.
Tuesday, November 5, 2013
The Multifaceted Benefits of Breastfeeding – For Moms
On the last blog, we shared some of the many benefits of breast milk and breastfeeding for babies. Today, we’re showcasing a few of the benefits of breastfeeding for moms:
Posted by Lactation Services and Support At MoBap at 12:07 PM