Friday, June 4, 2010

I Think I Can, I Think I Can

Have you ever read the children’s book about the little engine that could? It is an inspiring story about the value of positive thinking and self-empowerment. When we are expecting our first baby, many of us feel worried about breastfeeding. This is completely normal, especially if we are going to be working mothers. In our culture of communication technology and information overload, expectant mothers often hear only about problems associated with breastfeeding. Unfortunately, that’s what people talk and write about. They may not hear the scores of wonderful, successful breastfeeding stories (yes, even for working mothers)! In most cases, especially when there are expert clinical resources, women and their babies do quite well with breastfeeding. One thing to remember is that, as women, our bodies are built for growing, birthing and breastfeeding babies. So let’s not forget that! Yes, indeed, I think you can, I think YOU can!

No comments:

Post a Comment